Mount Holyoke Hotel
I was wrongly seduced into buying a card of Mount Holyoke Hotel because it was labelled as being in South Hadley. Hah! This is the hotel on the mountain, which is in the Northampton area. Oh well - then once I started I kept going, so I might as well show them to you.
All cards are available with both front and back scans, and comments about what is written on the front or back, either by the user or by the publisher, are included below.
- Mount Holyoke Hotel
- front Untitled view of a dining room
- back Divided back, postmarked Aug 9, 1937 10:30am in Northampton. Also postmarked at the summit of Mount Holyoke. Stamp missing. "Dining Room, Mount Holyoke Hotel South Hadley, Mass." Published by The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY. Inscription: "Am spending the week end here so could not call on you Lovingly Elizabeth"
- Mt. Holyoke Summit House
- front "Mt. Holyoke Summit House" Inked in: "Mass" I realize it could look like I'm expanding my collection into Mount Holyoke, the mountain, but I'm not. This card was a gift. Thanks, Margo!
- back Divided back, stamp box. Postally unused, but inscribed: "This is the Hotel how do you like the looks of it. Betty come down and stay." #D14882 Published by The Springfield News Company, Springfield, Mass. A Newvochrome card. Printed in Germany.
- Old Register of Mount Holyoke Hotel
- front Untitled view of two framed documents. Two entries are highlighted.
- back Divided back, postmarked Jun 14, 1934 7am in South Hadley. "Old Register of Mount Holyoke Hotel South Hadley, Mass. Abraham Lincoln, Friday, Aug. 31, 1860/Jenny Lind, July 7, 1851" Published by The Albertype Co., Brooklyn, NY. "Wednesday We saw this old register tonight. Catharine and ... were over this afternoon They're coming for me Friday. Yours - L."