REU 1992: Igusa's local zeta function
The REU project for 1992 directed by Margaret Robinson investigated the
- The Igusa local zeta function for irreducible curves.
The student participants were:
- Rebecca Field, Bowdoin College '94
(currently a graduate student in mathematics at the University of Chicago)
- Vibhavaree Gargeya, Mount Holyoke College '93
(currently working at Active Voice, Co. in Seattle, WA)
- Frederic Schoenberg, Brown University '93
(currently a graduate student in Statistics at the University of California,
- Ralph Scott, Yale University '94 (currently a graduate student in
Mathematics at Harvard University)
The group produced the following paper.
List of REU projects 1988-present.
- R. Field, V. Gargeya, M. Robinson, F. Schoenberg, and R. Scott,
The Igusa Local Zeta Function for $x^m+y^n$
This paper provides specific results on the Igusa local zeta function
for the curves $x^m +y^n$. In addition to these results, we give an
introduction to $p$-adic analysis and a discussion of various methods which
have been used to compute these local zeta functions.
Go to Robinson's home page.