Where to Study
For a list of where past and present majors have studied and a summary of the courses that they took abroad, check this searchable database. Note that this is not a definitive list of what is possible and should serve only as a useful guide and planning resource. The McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives Study Abroad website is also an excellent resource for programs, application procedures, deadlines, financial aid, and more. Laurel Fellowships (need-based financial aid) are readily available to qualified students.
Architectural history, theory, and art studio
- Sienna School of Liberal Arts
- University of Edinburgh Study Abroad
Architecture, design and planning
- Ëngineering, Architecture, and Science, IES Madrid, Spain; strong engineering background
- The University of Kent, UK
- University College London, Bartlet School of Architecture, UK
- University College Dublin, Ireland
- SU Abroad in Florence (semester/ full year), Syracuse University, Italy; advanced design background required.
- DIS (semester/ full year), Copenhagen, Denmark
- Glassglow School of Art, UK
- The Shape of Two Cities (full year), Paris-NY with the Columbia Graduate School of Architecture
Please read the credit transfer page on the McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives' website for general information.
Summer Internships and Research Abroad
A summer internship or research project abroad is a good way for students to apply and develop their skills and explore possible career paths while engaging with cultures and perspectives outside the United States. Students have the option of developing their own summer internship or research project. Both the McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives and the Career Development Center have student evaluations of past international internships available to students
- Funding is available through the Universal Application Form (UAF). For more details about internship opportunities and funding, please contact Kirk Lange, Director of International Experiential learning at the McCulloch Center..
Students interested in exploring possibilities for learning abroad are encouraged to contact the McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives. April Stroud is the primary advisor for study abroad, and Kirk Lange can offer guidance on internships or research abroad. Students should also consult with their advisor about how they can best connect and integrate learning abroad with their work in the major.