By participating in coursework and experiences constituting a major in Art History, students will acquire the following knowledge and skills:
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of works of art and architecture in their historical and cultural settings;
- They will acquire the vocabulary needed to analyze and interpret objects, images, and built and landscaped environments across the world and through time;
- They will develop visual acuity for critically examining our image-saturated world;
- They will apply innovative theoretical and methodological approaches to engage with the history and politics of visual representation;
- They will learn to develop research questions, and locate and assess primary and secondary sources, both print and digital;
- They will develop the ability to write and speak effectively about material culture with critical sophistication.