Access and Inclusion
Jump to content
Jump to Navigation
Please visit the Campus Updates page for information on Mount Holyoke’s response to the global pandemic. The Opening the Gates website contains the plan for the fall semester. FAQs are being updated regularly.
You are here
By participating in coursework and experiences constituting a major in Art History, students will acquire the following knowledge and skills:
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of works of art and architecture in their historical and cultural settings;
- They will acquire the vocabulary needed to analyze and interpret objects, images, and built and landscaped environments across the world and through time;
- They will develop visual acuity for critically examining our image-saturated world;
- They will apply innovative theoretical and methodological approaches to engage with the history and politics of visual representation;
- They will learn to develop research questions, and locate and assess primary and secondary sources, both print and digital;
- They will develop the ability to write and speak effectively about material culture with critical sophistication.
A Member of the