Sarah Bacon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biological Sciences
B.A. Mount Holyoke College, Department of Biological Sciences, 1987
Ph.D. The University of Chicago, Department of Organismal Biology and Anatomy, 1996
Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine 1997-1999
- Maternal-fetal relationship in pregnancy
- Role of the Major Histocompatibility Complex in fertility
- Immunology of the placenta
- Biology 150 Introductory Biology
- Biology 321 Chemical Communication in Vertebrates
- Biology 321 Mammalian Reproduction
- Biology 328 Human Physiology
- Inter 209 Diseases, Debates & Dilemmas
de Mestre AM, Bacon SJ, Costa CC, Leadbeater JC, Noronha LE, Stewart F, Antczak DF. 2008. Modeling Trophoblast Differentiation using Equine Chorionic Girdle Vesicles. Placenta. 29(2):158-69.
Bacon, S.J., Ellis, S.A., and Antczak, D.F. 2002. Control of Expression of Major Histocompatibility Complex Genes in Horse Trophoblast. Biology of Reproduction. 66:1612-1620.
Carpenter, S., Baker, J.M., Bacon, S.J., Hopman, T., Maher, J., Ellis, S. and Antczak, D.F. 2001. Molecular and Functional Characterization of Genes Encoding Horse MHC Class I Antigens. Immunogenetics. 53(9):802-9.
Bacon, S.J. and McClintock, M.K. 1999. Sex Ratio Bias in Postpartum-Conceived Norway Rat Litters is Produced by Embryonic Loss in Midpregnancy. Journal of Reproduction and Fertility 117(2):403-411.