Computer science majors or alumnae working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Use the MHC Intern Network to connect with MHC students and recent alumnae who have held internships. Search by major, location, position, or employer.
- Mount Holyoke's Lynk Universal Application Funding (UAF) initiative offers internship funding for one domestic or international internship to every student that has secured a qualified summer internship or research position.
- Explore possibilities with your faculty advisor. Your professors can also help you with advice on career questions in their field of expertise.
- Define your goals and develop search strategies. Career Advisors at the Career Development Center (CDC) are here to help you develop strategies to find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access resources.
- Learn how to conduct informational interviews with people working in the field and find alumnae through the Alumnae Association Career Directory. They can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs and graduate school.
- The Career Development Center can also help you with graduate school advising.
Researching Careers and Internships
- Association for Women in Computing: Read job-search, networking, and resume articles by women in computer science.
- Association for Computing Machinery: Check out the ACM Career Resource Center to talk with students and professionals in a computer science forum, browse through job postings, or explore different careers in the “Day in the Life” section.
- IEEE: The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers also has a Computer Society website, as well as a Careers page with entry-level job assistance and info on internships.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including software engineers, systems analysts, programmers, and support specialists.
- Buzzfile and Vault Career Insider are useful tools available through the CDC for in-depth career research into specific areas of interest.
- GoinGlobal provides country-specific career information, expert advice, and insider tips for finding employment opportunities at home and abroad. Login with Handshake.