Meet with Advisors
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.
- Career Advisors at the Career Development Center (CDC) are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Career Directory. The CDC also offers resources on how to conduct informational interviews prior to reaching out to alumnae.
The CDC offers you a wide range of services to explore career paths through internships, graduate school and one-on-one advising. Whether the ultimate goal is on stage or off, Dance majors can work with the CDC to learn how to articulate their academic experience as they form and refine their goals to navigate life after Mount Holyoke College.
- There are also a number of resources for internships for dance majors web page.
- DanceArt Ezine: Read current news in the dance world, or search for dance/performing arts jobs and institutions.
- National Dance Association: Established in 1932, the NDA provides support and education to dancers and choreographers all over the US.
- The American Dance Guild: The ADG holds annual conferences and workshops and posts current dance-career articles on its website.
- Backstage: Although it is called the “Actors Resource,” Backstage lists dozens of castings for dancers every day, and provides a Career Advice page
- Dance New York: Resources for artists, administrators & public
- Movement Research: Programs, resources, professional networks
- Buzzfile and Vault Career Insider are useful tools available through the CDC for in-depth career research into specific areas of interest.
- GoinGlobal provides country-specific career information, expert advice, and insider tips for finding employment opportunities at home and abroad. Log in with your Handshake account.
|Graduate Programs in Dance||Careers in Dance|
Great positions for students with this major:
- Dance Performer, Studio Dance Teacher/Director, Production Assistant
- Dance Company/Technical Director, Stage Manager, Arts Administrator
- Dance Choreographer, Videographer/Technical Staff, Program Director
- Dance Critic, Physical Therapist/Personal Trainer, Website Designer