Prospective Dance majors

Do I need to audition to get into the Dance Department?
No, there are advanced placement auditions at the beginning of the fall semester that, if passed, will allow you to take the advanced courses (levels 5 and 6) of ballet, modern or jazz. You need to be accepted into Mount Holyoke College first, and can choose to be a Dance major or minor, in consultation with the Dance Department.

Should I send an audition tape?
It is advantageous for you to submit a DVD or a Utube URL, so that the Department can observe your dancing ability. If you are a strong performer or choreographer, that information goes back to the Admissions office and is utilized in considering a prospective student for admission into the college.

How can I get help with my advising, if I choose to be a Dance major or a double major?
It is best, if considering a Dance major, to work closely with one of the Dance faculty, to make sure your course of study is on track from the beginning of your first year here. Some courses come up on the home campus every other year, so paying attention to scheduling courses when they are available is crucial.