Ferraro is currently completing a college textbook. Covering such topics as imperialism, balance of power, global poverty, causes of war, deterrence, terrorism, and global environmental problems, the book will address the changes in international relations since the collapse of the Soviet Union. It will use a variety of case studies such as the ABM treaty, third world debt, and the Cuban missile crisis.
In 1977, Ferraro served as an academic consultant for the United Nations Association of the United States. He also consulted for the UN's development program during the late 1980s. More recently, his expertise was tapped through the Pew Charitable Trusts faculty fellowship board, on which he served as a member from 1989 to 1995.
In 1980, Ferraro was the recipient of an Andrew W. Mellon faculty grant for his research on political economy. During the war in the Persian Gulf, Ferraro served as a local expert for the Springfield, Massachusetts, ABC affiliate. Currently, he is Mount Holyoke's lead faculty member on a project funded by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, which is integrating World Wide Web material into the international relations curriculum.
Ferraro's scholarly work in the field of international relations includes several articles on global poverty, third world development, and global debt in such journals as the World Policy Journal, the International Journal of Social Economics, and the Journal of Interdisciplinary History. In 1993 he delivered a paper to the International Studies Association on the political economy of the International Monetary Fund. He has also written articles on global interdependence and the politics of energy and served as a local media resource during the oil embargo.
Ferraro teaches World Politics, American Foreign Policy, and International Political Economy.
- "The White House Wants to attack with "unlimited power" in Iraq and Syria," Perfil.com, August 24, 2014
- "North Korea," WGBY, February 27, 2012
- "Libya After Gadhafi," WGBY Vimeo, November 28, 2011 (Video)
- "Ferraro Assesses Impact of Bin Laden's Death," WGBY Vimeo, May 4, 2011 (Video)
- "Vincent Ferraro on the Turkish-Israeli Conflict," Office of Communications, June 4, 2010
- "MHC Profs Teach Online Courses," Office of Communications, September 6, 2007
- "Ferraro Discusses the War in Iraq," WGBY Watercooler, April 24, 2007 (Video)
- "Vincent Ferraro 2006 Convocation Address," Office of Communications, October 11, 2006
- "Faculty Convocation Address," Office of Communications, September 6, 2006
- "Ferraro Reflects on Israel, Cease-fire," Newsday, July 30, 2006
- "Vincent Ferraro Baccalaureate Address '06," Office of Communications, June 12, 2006
- Baccalaureate Address, Mount Holyoke College, May 27, 2006
- "Faculty Honored for Outstanding Work," Office of Communications, April 21, 2006
- "Overextended, U.S. Gets Real," Newsday, March 13, 2006
- "Another Motive For Iraq War: Stabilizing Oil Market," Hartford Courant, August 13, 2003
- "Lake and Ferraro Consider the Challenges of Globalization," College Street Journal, October 23, 1998
- "War and Peace: Crisis Simulation Tests Students' Mettle as Policymakers," College Street Journal, March 27, 1998