Students majoring in FMT will:
- Understand and be able to explain the histories, languages, and major theories of at least two of the field’s disciplines
- Think critically and write clearly in and about images and performances
- Develop skills to conceive and produce creative projects
- Understand the relationships and tensions among theater, film, media, and related fields and how they mutually inform and challenge one another
- Develop skills in critical studies/theory as well as production/performance, and understand how critical and production practices not only inform but mutually constitute each other.