Please read carefully before taking the placement test:
- All students must take the French placement exam, note your score, and fill in the questionnaire, even if you have never before studied French.
*Placement test results are good only for the semester in which you take them.
1. Your placement test results will be transferred to my.mtholyoke, giving you permission to register. This process may take as little as one hour or until the end of the next business day. You may see when your test results have been transferred by:
- logging into my.mtholyoke,
- choosing Students in the Self-Service Menu,
- choosing Course Registration & Bill Payment, and
- selecting Approvals, Holds, and Registration Access Time.
On that display you will see the French course/courses for which you may register.
Test Score: You may register for:
451+ 215, 219, 225
2. Do not register for a course lower than your test score indicates. You will have to switch classes if you do not choose the appropriate level. Please register for an approved French course before registration ends.
3. Please register for one course only:
- All four culture and literature courses (215, 219 and 225) are on the same level. You may register for the course of your choice.
1. Fill in your first and last name in the boxes indicated.
2. Use your Mount Holyoke email address in the box indicated.
3. Go to the online MHC French Placement Exam and fill in this password: marylyon (all lower case).