In France and Francophone Countries
Mount Holyoke College has its own study abroad program in Montpellier, France, and is also affiliated with the Sweet Briar College Junior Year in France Program. Study Abroad in France or in a Francophone country is open to both majors and nonmajors. Students must have successfully completed at least one 4-credit course each semester they are enrolled at Mount Holyoke prior to departure for study abroad (excluding independent study). They also should have completed at least one course in culture and literature at the 200-level (215, 219, 225, or 230).
- Please consult the French department and the Center for Global Initiatives for details about these and other programs.
- Eligible students who are selected to participate in the Montpellier program may use their Mount Holyoke financial aid to do so.
- Mount Holyoke financial aid for Sweet Briar, as well as for other approved study abroad programs, is awarded on a competitive basis.
- Scholarships, specifically for study in France or Italy, are available to qualified undergraduates from the Mary Vance Young Scholarship Fund.
- Information about financing study abroad may be obtained from the Center for Global Initiatives.
Students who start at the 101 level, and wish to accelerate in order to go abroad, should follow the Accelerating for Study Abroad Guidelines.
Montpellier Students Abroad
- French newspaper features Lily Jampol '06 in Montpellier Frisbee Competition