Specific topics emphasized in the curriculum include the physical environment, political geography, migration and cities, socioeconomic development, and techniques in geographic data analysis (computer mapping, satellite image analysis, and geographic information systems). Students may also consider taking other geography courses in the Five Colleges.
For First-Year Students
First-Year Students may consider enrolling in any of the following courses, which have no prerequisites:
- Geography 105fs World Regional Geography
- Geography 107f Introduction to the Physical Environment
- Geography 202s Cities in a Global Context
- Geography 204f Human Dimensions of Environmental Change
- Geography 205s Mapping and Spatial Analysis
- Geography 206s Political Geography
- Geography 208f Global Movements: Migrations, Refugees, Diasporas
- Geography 213s Sustainable Cities
- Geography 215f The Political Economy of the Middle East and North Africa
- Geography 217f The African Environments
- Geography 230s Environmental Soil Science
For detailed information on requirements for the major and minor, see the Geography chapter of the course catalog.