Library research guide
- Library Thing is a 900+ volume geography library developed over the past thirty years that includes many texts that are not available within the 5 Colleges. Library Thing is a searchable database for this collection.
- If people want to check out a book or books, they need to contact Debra Labonte, Girma Kebbede or Serin Housten.
American Association of Geographers
The AAG offers a suite of resources designed to help students find information about undergraduate and graduate degree programs, as well as currently available jobs, graduate assistantships, internships, and postdoc positions in geography.
- The AAG Guide to Geography Programs in the Americas offers a comprehensive listing of undergraduate and graduate programs in all areas of geography and an interactive map that can be used to explore and discover geography programs, with easy-to-use search tools to find programs by degree type, region, and program specialization.
- The AAG Student Opportunities Site features a wide variety of available graduate assistantships, internships, and postdoctoral researcher positions in geography and related disciplines. Academic departments may post their student and postdoc opportunities on the site at no charge. New opportunities are constantly being added, so be sure to return often to view the latest openings.
- The AAG Jobs in Geography Center can be used to search for available positions. This site offers the latest geography-related job openings in the academic, public, private, and nonprofit sectors, along with a wide array of practical resources that can assist students with career planning and the job hunt.