Funds to Support Student Travel and Research
Mary F. Waterous Memorial Fund
- Started in 1987: for support of student fieldwork.
Geology and Geography Research Fund
- Started in December 1998: for support of student research during the summer or school year. Maximum allowance of $300 for equipment, supplies, presentation costs, or transportation costs related to field work, presentation of research, or attendance at conferences.
Ames Weed Fund
- Started in May 1978: used primarily to support student field projects in the geological sciences.
- Started in June 1973: for geography majors who conduct individual field work. It has also been used to fund field trips and guest lecturers.
Martha Godchaux Endowed Fund
- Endowed by Elizabeth Allen Wilson, '72. Started in 1998: it is used for field studies, meetings and conference expenses.
Bates Davidson Geology Fund
- Stared in 1993: to be used for student travel to scientific meetings.