First year students may consider beginning their study of mathematics and statistics with the courses below.
- MATH-100(with any suffix) Problem-Solving and Quantitative Reasoning (Pre-Calculus)
- MATH-101 Calculus I
- Any Explorations Course, when offered
- MATH-102 Calculus II
- MATH-203 Calculus III
- MATH-211 Linear Algebra
- MATH-232 Discrete Mathematics
- MATH-251 Lab: Math Experimentation
Students who wish to take Math-100 or Calculus I or II should take the Mathematics Assessment to determine placement.
- STAT-140 Introduction to the Ideas and Applications of Statistics
- STAT-240 Elementary Data Analysis and Experimental Design