Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Barefoot Books
- Pratt & Whitney
- Children’s Hospital & Research Ctr.-Oakland
- Various Colleges & Universities
- Tamarind Institute
- Various Public & Private Schools
- Gary Bruder, LLC
- Rodale Inc.
- Washington City Paper
- Farm & Wilderness Foundation
Great positions for students with this major:
- Publisher/Publishing Assistant
- Program Manager
- Gallery Manager
- Information Analyst
- Marketing Assistant/Director
- Program Coordinator
- College/University Instructor/Professor
- Director of a Non-Profit Organization
- Museum Worker
- Legal Assistant/Lawyer
- Business Owner
- Production Assistant
- Center for Medieval Studies
Browse the Medieval Studies page at the University of York for links, educational programs, and careers.
- American Historical Association
Go to the AHA Jobs & Careers page and read Careers for History (all regions) majors, or check out job postings and PhD programs.
- Society for Creative Anachronism
Exercise your knowledge of medieval customs and garb by joining the SCA in your area and going to events.
- The Historical Association
Founded in 1906, this association hosts several events in the UK and publishes books and periodicals.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields and occupations including interpreters & translators, social scientists, teachers, and international business consultants.
- Spotlight on Careers
An overview of environmental careers. Lists the best environmental job-search websites and non-profit sites.
- Vault Online Career Library – connect through LyonNet
Provides career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.