Pratt Hall contains state-of-the-art teaching studios and classrooms; music and recording libraries; practice rooms, with pianos; an outstanding keyboard lab and computer lab devoted to musical applications; and rehearsal and performance halls.
Pratt's innovations include a virtual room that simulates acoustical environments and a forty-seat, fully mediated classroom. A $6.3-million construction and renovation project, begun in March of 2000 and completed in fall of that year, united Pratt Hall, built in 1909, and the Hammond Wing, added in 1967, through the construction of a two-story addition. The mediated classroom, new studio offices, and a skylit connecting corridor were created through new construction, and all existing space in Pratt and Hammond was renovated. Other improvements include soundproofing instructional and performance spaces, consolidation of the music and dance libraries, the creation of a lounge area, and air-conditioning. Pratt's auditorium has been named in honor of Dorothy Rooke McCulloch '50 and Norman E. McCulloch Jr. Pratt's music library has been named for Eleanor Pierce Stevens '25.
Built in 1909, the Pratt Memorial Music Hall was named for the parents of Ella Pratt Houghton (class of 1867). In 1967, it was remodeled and the Hammond Wing was added.