Students and alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Use the MHC Intern Network to connect with MHC students and recent alumnae who have held internships. Search by major, location, position, or employer.
- Mount Holyoke's Lynk Universal Application Funding (UAF) initiative offers internship funding for one domestic or international internship to every student that has secured a qualified summer internship or research position.
- Explore possibilities with your faculty advisor. Your professors can also help you with advice on career questions in their field of expertise.
- Define your goals and develop search strategies. Career Advisors at the Career Development Center (CDC) are here to help you develop strategies to find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access resources.
- Learn how to conduct informational interviews with people working in the field and find alumnae through the Alumnae Association Career Directory. They can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs and graduate school.
Researching Internships and Careers
- Co-op/Internships and Summer Research Opportunities
- Internship Opportunities: a comprehensive list of internships.
- American Institute of Biological Sciences: Find career guidance and classifieds on their Careers in the Biological Sciences page.
- Animal Behavior Society: The ABS provides grants to research assistants for specific projects. See also their Career Development page.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including biological sciences, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare.
- Careers in Medicine (AAMC): Career website of the Association of American Medical Colleges. Provides a guided, online career exploration program.
- ScienceCareers.org: Published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Features an excellent Career Development page with articles concerning science careers and education.
- Society for Neuroscience: The SFN provides a Careers page and links to internships and funding through the NIH and other organizations.
- Buzzfile and Vault Career Insider are useful tools available through the CDC for in-depth career research into specific areas of interest.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including interpreters & translators, social scientists, teachers, and international business consultants.
- GoinGlobal provides country-specific career information, expert advice, and insider tips for finding employment opportunities at home and abroad. Log in with your Handshake account.
Examples of Jobs and Internships
Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation: Lerner Research
- The Sex Abuse Treatment Center
- Argent Mortgage Company, LLC
- Various top-rated hospitals
- Hampshire Education Collaborative
- McDermott, Will and Emery
- The Segal Group
- Ernest Gallo Clinic & Research Center
- Operation Smile
- Child Family Health International
- Charles River Laboratories
- Various Universities
Great positions for students with this major:
- Research Associate
- Disability Specialist
- Educational Consultant
- Research Director
- Health Analyst
- Legal Assistant/Lawyer
- Clinical Research Coordinator