A Nexus includes the following course requirements and experiential components:
- two 4-credit courses in topics fundamental to the student’s Nexus track
- one 2-credit pre-experience course (COLL 210) or a suitable substitute.
COLL 210 will not be offered in Spring 2014. Please select an alternative through consultation with your track chair.
- one 2-credit post-experience course (COLL 211)
- one 300-level, 4-credit course in a relevant topic
- a practical experience component, such as an internship, research project, or summer job
- a public presentation at the annual LEAP (Learning from Application) Symposium
The sequence of a Nexus is part of what makes it unique. It is important that COLL 210 (or an appropriate substitute) be taken BEFORE the internship or research project and that COLL 211 be taken AFTER the internship or research project.