- Fulbright, NSF (YouTube video)
Moureen Kemei Schlumberger
Congratulations to Shola Wylie '15 on winning the Goldwater Scholarship! View full story...
Congratulations to Kathryn Greenberg '09 on winning the Goldwater Scholarship! View full story...
Established in 1968 by Jean McPherson Bennett '51 and awarded annually to an undergraduate for excellence in physics.
Diane Miller Prize
Established in 2000 for students to travel to a conference or to a summer internship
Established in 1985 by Sarah Rusk in honor of her husband Rogers D. Rusk who was a long-time member of the department. It is to be awarded annually, if possible, to a junior or senior major who also shows distinction in physics.
Established in 2007 by Maria Hunter '04, Phoebe Judge '03 and Leah Riley '03 to recognize intellectual curiosity and a desire to succeed in physics in a senior physics major. Its goal is to recognize students who have done research and are engaged members of physics department community.
National society whose members have shown noteworthy achievement as original investigators in science. Students are elected as associate members.
Sigma Pi Sigma
National honor society for physics. Students are elected on the basis of high general scholarship and outstanding achievement in physics.
Mount Holyoke alumnae who have majored in physics have branched out into an array of fields. The department keeps a close eye on what our alums are doing as they carry the foundation from their physics background into fields scientific, technical, and otherwise in society.
Mary Lyon Award
Established in 1984, this award is given by the Alumnae Association of Mount Holyoke College annually "to a young alumna who has been out of College fifteen years or less, who demonstrates promise or sustained achievement in her life, profession or community consistent with the humane values which Mary Lyon exemplified in her life and inspired in others."
- Sally A. McFarlane '97 (February 9, 2009)
- Ashfia Huq '96 (February 11, 2008)
- Jennifer Rochlis '94 (February 7, 2005)
- Rajyalakshmi Seshadri '87 (January 27, 1999)
- Katherine R. McCall '85 (March 7, 1997)
- Mary Y. Chen '83 (March 8, 1996)
- Corinne A. Manogue '77 (February 27, 1992)
- Karen Flodman Dow '82 (February 6, 1991)
- Eleanor Reed Adair '48 Doctor of Science -- 2007
- Kitty Eliopoulos Kyriacopoulos '45 Doctor of Humane Letters -- 2006
- Barbara Wilson '68 Doctor of Science -- 2005
- Jean McPherson Bennett ’51 Doctor of Science -- 1992