There are an enormous number of fantastic Internet sites which range from professional physics society sites and journal sites to physics demo sites and query sites. Especially relevant to Mount Holyoke students are those sites dedicated to the women in physics. Below are listed some links to each of these categories. Many more beyond those listed here for each category exist on the MHC Library and Information Technology Services (LITS) Physics Research Guide.
Current students will find the following resources useful:
- Peer to Peer Learning: The PLUMS (Peer-Led Undergraduate Mentoring System) workshops provide a place where students can actively and collaboratively engage with science and mathematics in a structured, supportive environment.
- Seminar series
- Society of Physics Students
- STEM Scholarships for Women
MHC Student Org
Five College Resources
- Amherst College Physics Department - (seminars)
- Smith College Physics Department
- Hampshire College Natural Sciences
- UMass Physics Department - (seminars)
Women in Physics
- Committee on the Status of Women in Physics (CSWP)
APS's multidimensional site for women
- Contributions of 20th Century Women to Physics
Huge info site with a growing photo collection
- The Association for Women in Science
- Statistical Research Center
Physics Journals and Others
- Physics Today: APS's premier physics magazine
- Physical Review: Plus Phys. Rev. Letters, PRA, PRB, PRC, PRD, PRE, Rev. Mod. Phys.
- Physical Review Focus: Selected PRL articles written for a more general audience
- American Journal of Physics: Published by the American Association of Physics Teachers
- Physical Review Focus
- Nature Magazine
- Science Magazine
Physics for Fun
- PhysLINK: a giant collection of links to cool physics Websites
- Physics Zone Page: links to many good physics-related sites...