SHOULD I BE INTERESTED IN
A Political Quiz
You may have heard a bit about proportional representation
and you may be intrigued, but you are not sure if this is a
reform that you should really care about. Then this
political quiz is for you. By answering the following
questions, you will be able to tell if proportional
representation will address your concerns about what is
wrong with American elections.
- Do you sometimes feel like not bothering to vote because you can't seem to find a candidate that
really represents your political views?
- Are you tired of political campaigns that focus on mudslinging and neglect the discussion of the
important political issues?
- Currently women make up only about 11% of Congress. Would you like to see more women elected
- Are you frustrated with the Democratic and Republican parties and would you like to see other
political parties emerge to challenge them?
- Do you think we need an election system that gives fair representation to both whites and racial
- Do you find voting frustrating because the candidates you support often lose?
- Are you upset with the way politicians gerrymander districts in order to ensure their own re-election?
- Have you thought about voting for a third party candidate, but decided not to do so because it would
be wasting your vote?
- Only about 37% of Americans voted in the last elections for the U.S. Congress. Do you think this lack of
participation in the democratic process is a problem?
- Do you believe that our legislatures should represent all the varieties of political opinion in the
electorate -- not just the views of the majority?
If you answered "YES" to some or most of these
questions, then you definitely should learn more about
proportional representation. Proportional representation
will effectively address all the issues and problems
mentioned in these questions and it will make American
elections fairer and more democratic.
[ Proportional Representation Library ]
[ PR Books ] [ PR Web Sites ] [ Bibliography ] [ Articles ] [ Beginning Readings ]
This page has been accessed 9,712 times since April 8, 2005.