Politics graduates have gone on to have distinguished careers in government, academia, business, law, journalism, and the non-profit realm. Many have earned master's, doctoral, or law degrees along the way.
- Mount Holyoke's Lynk Universal Application Funding (UAF) initiative offers internship funding for one domestic or international internship to every student that has secured a qualified summer internship or research position.
Career Advisors and Mentors
- Explore possibilities with your faculty advisor. Your professors can also help you with advice on career questions in their field of expertise.
- Define your goals and develop search strategies. Career Advisors at the Career Development Center (CDC) are here to help you develop strategies to find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access resources.
- Learn how to conduct informational interviews with people working in the field and find alumnae through the Alumnae Association Career Directory. They can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs and graduate school.
Career and Internships Research
- Intern Abroad includes information on internships, volunteer projects, language schools, job opportunities abroad.
- Students and alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Use the MHC Intern Network to connect with Mount Holyoke students and recent alumnae who have held internships. Search by major, location, position, or employer.
- Jobs in the US Federal Government - must complete civil service exam
- Peace Corps
- Idealist.org is a nonprofit site that includes internship and volunteer listings for a variety of countries.
- Buzzfile and Vault Career Insider are useful tools available through the CDC for in-depth career research into specific areas of interest.
- GoinGlobal provides country-specific career information, expert advice, and insider tips for finding employment opportunities at home and abroad. Login with your Handshake, our job, internship and resource portal.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including interpreters & translators, social scientists, teachers, and international business consultants.