Politics graduates have gone on to have distinguished careers in government, academica, business, law, journalism, and the non-profit realm. Many have earned master's, doctoral, or law degrees along the way.
- Intern Abroad includes information on internships, volunteer projects, language schools, job opportunities abroad.
- Jobs in the US Federal Government - must complete civil service exam
- Peace Corps
- Idealist.org is a nonprofit site that includes internship and volunteer listings for a variety of countries.
- Vault Online Career Library – Mount Holyoke students and alumnae can connect through LyonNet for specific career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing.
The Career Development Center's Career Resource Library allows you to view and access 400 print resources.
Career Advisors and Mentors
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school to current students and other alumnae. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may also be an important resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.