It takes time and organization to assemble all of the materials required to support your application to health profession schools.
Connect with the pre-health office about your application at least two years in advance of when you hope to enter professional school, and meet early and regularly with your pre-health advisor. Create a spreadsheet to record each aspect of the application process you need to complete, for every school to which you apply. Pay special attention to deadlines, and send your materials well in advance. The information on these pages will help you to plan and organize your application.
For applicants in the 2021 cycle:
- 2021 Pre-application (for all applicants)
- 2021 Guidelines for writers of letters of recommendation (for medical/dental applicants)
- 2021 Guidelines for writers of letters of recommendation (for all other applicants)
- 2021 Official waiver and request for a committee letter (only for applicants to schools of human medicine, dentistry, optometry and podiatry)
- UPDATED DUE TO COVID-19: Official waiver and request for a committee letter, medical and dental applicants only