Pre-health advising is available to you beginning your first semester, primarily through the Pre-Health Programs office. The Pre-Health Programs office and the Chair of the Committee on the Health Professions cosponsor information sessions early every fall semester for students interested in learning about careers in the health professions and the advising system that is available.
The support available from the Committee on the Health Professions includes regular advice and guidance on choosing courses, planning internships, selecting schools, preparing for standardized entrance exams, and working through the application process. The committee will also write a composite letter of recommendation for you and will conduct a practice interview. The composite letter of recommendation is a comprehensive summary of all aspects of your preparation, including coursework, internships, research, entrance exam scores, and comments contained in your individual recommendation letters.
Committee on the Health Professions
The Committee on the Health Professions is a standing committee and is composed of members of the faculty and the Dean of Pre-Medical Programs. These individuals serve as advisors to students interested in, and applying to, graduate and professional programs in the health professions. The committee members are knowledgeable about the Mount Holyoke curriculum as well as requirements for professional schools and are available to help you select appropriate courses. You are responsible for learning as much as possible about programs and their requirements, developing a plan, and keeping your advisor updated on a regular basis.
- Kathy Binder, Psychology and Education, profile
- Rachel Fink, Biological Sciences, profile
- Darren Hamilton, Chemistry, profile
- Jeffrey Knight, Biological Sciences, profile
- Pam Matheson, Associate Director Pre-Health Advising, profile
- Will Millard, Psychology and Education, profile
- Mark Peterson, Math and Physics, profile
- Stan Rachootin, Biological Sciences, profile
- Jackie Collette, Clerk to the Committee, profile