Mount Holyoke’s Lynk Universal Application Funding (UAF) initiative will fund every student for one qualified domestic or international internship. Though some internships are formally structured with coordinators, applications and special offices, others are informally arranged through outreach and networking.
Meeting with advisors
- Explore possibilities with your faculty advisor. Your professors can also help you with advice on career questions in their field of expertise.
- Define your goals and develop search strategies. Contact the Career Development Center to meet with a career advisor.
- Learn how to conduct informational interviews with people working in the field and find alumnae through the Alumnae Association Career Directory who majored in Sociology or are working in the industry. They can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs and graduate school.
- Professional Associations: American Anthropological Association and American Sociological Association
- American Bar Association: The section on students provides resources on graduate schools, careers, foreign study programs, internships, jobs.
- American Journal of Sociology: Established in 1895, AJS publishes scholarly work on the theory, methods, practice and history of sociology.
- American Society of Criminology: An international organization fostering criminology study, research and education.
- American Sociological Association: Publishes 10 professional journals, gives career advice, provides information on job trends, and has a job bank.
- Association for the Sociology of Religion: An international organization that advances theory and research in the sociology of religion.
- Electronic Journal of Sociology: Presents research papers on topical or critical issues of today that are both scholarly and freely accessible.
- MHC Intern Network: connect with MHC students and recent alumnae who have held internships. Search by major, location, position, or employer
- Buzzfile and Vault Career Insider are useful tools available through the CDC for in-depth career research into specific areas of interest.
- GoinGlobal provides country-specific career information, expert advice, and insider tips for finding employment opportunities at home and abroad. Login with your Handshake, our job, internship and resource portal.