The following materials are required:
- Completed Application Form (pdf) | Application Form (doc)
- A printed current unofficial Transcript reflecting a cumulative GPA of 2.85 or higher. For an unofficial transcript log into ACDATA. Copy the data on the screen and paste it into MS Word.
- Completed Pre-practicum course compilation form.
- Completed reference forms from two professors:
- a professor from one of the Education minor core courses which you have completed, and
- a professor in your major department.
You must have completed course work with the professor giving you a reference. Please sign the waiver section, and then give one form to each faculty member who agrees to write the recommendation for you. See Faculty Recommendation Form, (print two copies).
- A written response to the statement on this page.
- Written record demonstrating your successful completion of the Communication and Literacy test of the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL). (Paper copies of your test results/copies of emails are acceptable.) You must register for, take and pass this test before February of your junior year. You may obtain registration materials for the MTEL online. Please note: full acceptance into the practicum segment of the teacher licensure programs necessitates a passing score on all required tests of the MTEL (i.e., subject matter test, the Literacy and Communication tests, and for the early childhood and elementary students, Foundations of Reading test). Therefore, check the current MTEL Registration Booklet for test dates and confer with the program director to make sure you will have taken and passed all tests before your practicum semester.
- An Interview. The Director of the program to which you are applying will contact you to set up an appointment prior to a decision on your application.
All application materials are due by January 7 of your junior year, even if you are planning to student teach during a ninth semester.
Paper copies of the completed application can be hand delivered to Cheryl McGraw in the Psychology & Education Office (Reese 303) or mailed to Cheryl McGraw, Mount Holyoke College, Psychology & Education, 50 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075. Students wishing to submit their application electronically should compile all materials into one pdf file, with the exception of faculty references which should come directly from faculty members themselves, and email the file to Cheryl McGraw.