The following materials are required:
- Completed Application form.
- A printed current Academic History from the HUB.
- Completed Pre-practicum course compilation form.
- Your Division II contract and 2 evaluations from relevant courses.
- Completed reference forms from two professors:
- a professor from one of the Ed minor core courses which you have completed, and
- the chair or member of your Division II Committee
You must have completed course work or an activity with the professor giving you a reference. Decide if you want to sign the waiver section or not, and then give one form to each faculty member who agrees to write the recommendation for you.
See Recommendation form, (print two copies)
- A written response to the statement on this page.
- An Interview. The Director of the program to which you are applying will contact you to set up an appointment prior to a decision on your application.
- The Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL). You must pass the Literacy and Communication test of the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL) before the February of your third year. You may obtain registration materials for the MTEL online.
Please note: full acceptance into the practicum segment of the teacher licensure programs necessitates a passing score on all tests of the MTEL (i.e., subject matter test, the Literacy and Communication tests, and for the early childhood and elementary students, Foundations of Reading test). Therefore, check the website for test dates and with the program director to make sure you will have taken and passed all tests before your practicum semester.
All application materials are due by January 7 of your third year, even if you are planning to student teach during a ninth semester.
Please note: A representative from the Mount Holyoke College Education Division will become a third party member of your Division III Committee upon acceptance into the Teacher Licensure Program.