Mount Holyoke College Alice Worthington Rooke Theatre
This building was built in 1966. Originally called Laboratory Theatre, it was renamed in 1977 the Alice Withington Rooke Laboratory Theatre to honor the mother of trustee Dorothy Rooke McCullough (class of 1950). The Rooke Theatre seats 192 in an intimate wood-paneled theatre. The stage is 25 feet wide, with 22 line sets in the fly loft and a fully equipped shop directly upstage. There is also a black box theater for classes and student-produced work.
Playshop and Laboratory Theater
Built in 1929, the Playshop was a small experimental theater on Morgan Street, on the site of the present Alice Withington Rooke Laboratory Theatre. It was torn down around 1965.