The McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives coordinates all applications for study abroad, visit their website or office in Dwight Hall for further information. The Office of Academic Deans coordinates all applications for study in the US.
Are there are approved programs of study in the US?
A student may apply for an academic leave to participate in one of the programs listed below. As deadlines and instructions vary, please click on links for further information.
- Twelve College Exchange Program (click on link to see full list of institutions)
- Women's College Exchange Programs (Mills College or Spelman College)
- American University Washington Semester Program
- Semester in Environmental Science at the Marine Biological Laboratory
- Other Accredited U.S. Institution or Program
What are the requirements to study away?
To qualify for an academic leave of absence, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be in good academic standing. You must have a minimum grade point average of 2.7 and not be significantly behind in credits.
- Declare a major. If you are applying to study away for all or part of your junior or senior year. Students applying to study away as sophomores are not required to declare a major in advance.
- Present a plan of study to at an accredited institution in the US that will enhance your academic program at Mount Holyoke and be suitable to Mount Holyoke's curriculum.
- Obtain approval of your plan of study from your faculty advisor and the Office of Academic Deans.