September 3, 2013 | 9:00 am - 11:00 am | Field House (Kendall)
The Academic Fair is an event for new first-year students, which is scheduled during fall orientation. New students who have questions or concerns about their schedules should plan to attend. All departments and programs will have representatives present to answer questions about course selections and placements.
Panel on Taking Self-Scheduled Exams
Thursday, December 5 | 6:30-7:30pm | Hooker Auditorium
To answer questions and share recommended testing strategies, the Office of Academic Deans sponsors a Panel on Taking Self-Scheduled Exams. The panel will be both informative and helpful in preparing you for the final stretch of the semester.
Senior Information Sessions
Attend one of the Information sessions for seniors. These sessions are geared at helping you gain information to ensure a smooth path to graduation.
Topics will include:
- How and when do you apply to graduate?
- What if you're planning to finish mid-year?
- What are the different kinds of graduation honors and how would you qualify?
- How should you interpret graduation status messages you've received thus far and act on them?
- What communication is necessary with the chair of your department or your major advisor?
- Who prepares your diploma and how do you get the right version of your name on it?
- When do you tell us whether you're planning to come to the ceremony in May and how will you get tickets?
- How can you check whether you've met all the requirements?
- Is it true that your diploma will be in Latin?
Sophomore Open House
TBA | 6-8:00 PM | Chapin Auditorium
The Sophomore Open House is an event designed to help students get more information about choosing a major and/or minor, study abroad, internships and career possibilities, pre-health and pre-law preparation, and Nexus and thematic minors. Department Liaisons will be there to answer questions, as well as your Sophomore Class Advisor.
Department Teas are held within academic departments to assist students in selecting their major. The Office of Academic Deans compiles a list every spring and makes it available to Sophomores in time to declare a major.