Welcome! The First-Year Guide aims to help you navigate the curriculum and provide critical information about first-year seminars, college requirements, and course selection.
- Monitor your Mount Holyoke email account at least weekly. Important information about things like housing and registration will be sent to this email.
- Log into my.mtholyoke account and explore the site. This is where you will access course registration and other resources.
- Submit the mandatory Advising Questionnaire by June 30 (fall entrants) or December 1 (spring entrants)
- Review placement information for languages, mathematics and music
- Understand the curriculum
- Read the guidelines for course selection
- Enroll in a First-Year Seminar
- Register for courses (pre-registration for fall entrants is in June, and for spring entrants is in November)
- Participate in academic advising
- Information for spring entrants
Special Programs of Study
- AccessAbility Services offers support services to students with all types of disabilities. If applicable, students should register with AccessAbility Services to receive appropriate accommodations.
- The Office of Residential Life answers questions about roommate assignments and housing.
- The Office of the Registrar answers questions about credit transfer, meeting requirements, AP credits, course registration, and policies on adding and dropping.