Transfer & Summer AP Credit

Can I still get credit for AP exams if I didn’t turn them in before I came?

Yes, you can still receive credits for AP exams on which you received a score of 4 or 5. These credits can only increase the total number of credits you have, but no AP test can take the place of an actual course on campus.  For example, you can get 4 credits toward graduation for taking a US History AP test, but you cannot have those 4 credits count as a history course. To receive credit, have your scores sent directly from ETS to our Registrar’s office.

Can I get credit for taking a summer course?

Yes!  You can earn up to 8 credits during the summers that you are a matriculated student at MHC. If you began your time here in the spring, you may be eligible to take an additional 8 credits. More information about Transfer & Advance Placement Credit can be found on the Registrar’s website.

Can I get credit for a summer internship?

No, we do not award academic credit for summer internships.  You can find more information about summer internships at the Career Development Center.