AccessAbility Services is the designated office at Mount Holyoke College for students to voluntarily disclose a disability, submit appropriate documentation for verification, and request accommodations.
How AccessAbility Services Works with Faculty:
- We are available to provide you with clear, practical information about implementing students’ accommodations.
- We can provide you with information about disability laws and the types of services and accommodations available at Mount Holyoke College.
- We can explain your rights and responsibilities in working with students with disabilities.
- We can review the policies and procedures that students must follow in order to receive accommodations.
- We can share strategies for teaching students with particular disabilities and ways to make your teaching practices more inclusive.
There is an abundance of resources for faculty available on AccessAbility Services' my.mtholyoke pages including a recommended syllabus statement, guidance on implementing accommodations and accommodation implementation guides specific to some of the more nuanced accommodations.
Please do not hesitate to contact AccessAbility Services with your questions. We are here to support you in implementing students’ accommodations.