The thoughts and sympathies of the Office of Admission are with those affected by recent hurricanes. We understand that those impacted are likely focused on matters more pressing than the college application process. To help alleviate stress, Mount Holyoke will extend the application window by request when initiated prior to posted deadlines. Extension requests should be submitted to: email@example.com.
Mount Holyoke College is looking for smart, ambitious women who understand the value of a liberal arts education and are driven by a love of learning. Admission to MHC is competitive and highly selective. Read more about who studies at Mount Holyoke.
Students can apply for first-year admission using either the Common Application or the Coalition Application. Both the Common Application and Coalition Application receive equal consideration in our admission process, and Mount Holyoke does not have a preference for one over the other.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Test Results (for non-native English speakers)
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
*To consider an application complete, Mount Holyoke requires the submission of midyear grades associated with a student's most recent marking period. If you attend an institution that does not provide midyear grades by our February 15 date, please contact us to request a waiver.
If you have difficulty submitting a web-based application, please contact our Office of Admission by phone (413-538-2023), or by email.