Mount Holyoke seeks intellectually curious applicants who understand the value of a liberal arts education and are driven by a love of learning. As a women's college that is gender diverse, we welcome applications from female, trans and non-binary students. Admission to MHC is competitive and highly selective. Read more about who studies at Mount Holyoke.
Students can apply for first-year admission using either the Common Application or the Coalition Application. Both the Common Application and Coalition Application receive equal consideration in our admission process, and Mount Holyoke does not have a preference for one over the other.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Test Results (for non-native English speakers)
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
*To consider an application complete, Mount Holyoke requires the submission of midyear grades associated with a student's most recent marking period. If you attend an institution that does not provide midyear grades by our February 15 date, please contact us to request a waiver.
If you have difficulty submitting a web-based application, please contact our Office of Admission by phone (413-538-2023), or by email.