Serious riders know.
Mount Holyoke College is home to an equestrian program with a competitive reputation in the riding world. Our riders — hunt seat, dressage, and western — win national and regional titles. Our on-campus Equestrian Center is regarded as one of the finest collegiate facilities anywhere, with two indoor arenas, an outdoor show ring and a cross-country course through 120 acres of woods, fields and streams. And our coaches are talented and committed professionals with decades of experience. Join us and see.
During our Focus on Riding program, you will:
- Meet the coaches
- Get to know current riders
- Learn about our teams, lessons, and boarding options
- Stay overnight with a current student-rider
For questions, please contact the Admission Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample Focus on Riding Schedule of Events
- 4:00 – 5:00 pm: Check-in
- 5:00 – 6:15 pm: Equestrian information session
- 6:30 – 6:35 pm: Meet your host
- 6:45 – 8:00 pm: Student dinner with hosts and coaches
- 8:15 – 10:00 pm: Student evening activities
- 7:15 – 8:15 am: Breakfast
- 9:45 – 11:00 am: Campus tour (optional)
- 11:15 am – 12:00 pm: Admission information session (optional)
- 12:15 – 1:15 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm: Campus tour (optional)
- Ongoing throughout the day:
- 8:30 am – 4:00 pm: Class visits
- 8:30 am – 4:00 pm: Practice observation hours
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm: Admission interviews
Learn More and Register for Focus on Riding
Focus on Riding is open to high school juniors and seniors. Registration opens in July and closes in early November (see the registration page for dates). Please note that a limited number of interview slots will be offered. Students intending to apply to Mount Holyoke have the option to select an interview when registering, although prospective applicants can also choose to interview later in the fall, in-person or via Skype. We look forward to welcoming you to campus!