Get to Know Us
Mount Holyoke College women are passionate about learning—and about who they want to be. They tend to be more self-aware, more adventurous, more confident, more idealistic, more globally aware, and more accomplished than your average college undergrad. They seem to expect more of themselves, of college, and of life in general.
Mount Holyoke students are young women who have a track record of excellence. Take a look at the Current Class Profile:
- 55 percent were in the top 10 percent of their class.
- 20 percent were in the second 10 percent of their class.
Along with being successful, Mount Holyoke students are diverse. They come from public, private, parochial, and home schools. In addition:
- Students come from 46 states and nearly 80 countries.
- Approximately one in every three students is an international citizen or African American, Asian American, Latina, Native American, or multiracial.
- In the 2010 U.S. News & World Report, MHC ranked first among liberal arts colleges having the highest percentage of international students.