Transfer and Frances Perkins Application Instructions

Thank you for your interest in Mount Holyoke College. As you fill out this supplement, take time to reflect upon your interests and accomplishments. Remember, while we look at transcripts and evaluations, we're particularly interested in hearing your voice through your writing.

Transfer students and Frances Perkins Scholars may apply for transfer admission for spring or fall admission. Eligible candidates include students with strong academic records from four-year colleges and universities, as well as from two-year and community colleges. If you are 24 years of age or older at the time you enroll, have a dependent, are married, or are a veteran, you will be considered as a Frances Perkins Scholar (FP). For information about the Frances Perkins Program, visit

Steps to applying as a Transfer Student or FP Scholar:

1. Submit the Common Application for Transfer Students to Mount Holyoke (be sure to enclose the $60 application fee if you are submitting a paper application).

2. Submit the Mount Holyoke Common Application Supplement for Transfer Students and Frances Perkins Scholars.

3. Transfer: Give the College Official’s Report to your academic dean or your advisor. Transfer and FP: Submit official transcripts of all previous college work. If you are currently enrolled in courses that will not be completed before the application deadline, you must also submit the Mid-term Report.

4. Give the College Instructor Evaluation Form to two instructors who know you best and can tell us about your talents and strengths; be sure to provide the instructor with a stamped envelope addressed to Office of Admission.
FP: If you are not currently enrolled in courses, submit 2 General Evaluation Forms. Transfer: Submission of the General Evaluation Form is optional.

5. Transfer: Give the Secondary School Report to your secondary school college counselor or guidance office. Ask your secondary school counselor or guidance office to send us official secondary school transcripts as well as any written reports of your secondary school work. FP: Submit an official High School Transcript or General Education Development  (GED) test results.

6. Transfer: Mount Holyoke strongly recommends an interview, either on campus or with an alumnae representative in your area. To schedule, contact the Office of Admission. FP: An interview is required. Contact the Frances Perkins office to schedule.

7. If you are interested in applying for financial assistance, you must apply at the same time you apply for admission. For more information, visit,