Meet us...and we'll meet you wherever you are in the college application process
Focus on Admission takes place in early August and offers prospective students and families an inside look at the college admission process at a selective institution. Our day-long program will introduce you to Mount Holyoke’s extensive academic and co-curricular opportunities while preparing students to conduct a thoughtful, meaningful, and successful college search. We hope that Mount Holyoke will top your list!
Sample Schedule of Events
- 8:30 – 9:15 am: Check-in
- 9:15 – 9:30 am: Welcome
- 9:30 – 10:30 am: Campus Tour
- 10:45 – 11:15 am: Introduction to Application Review
- 11:15 am – 12:15 pm: Mock Application Review
- 12:30 – 1:15 pm: Lunch
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm: Faculty Panel
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm: Financing a College Education (parents only)
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm: Essay Writing Workshop (students only)
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm: College Interviewing 101 (students only)
- 3:30 – 5:00 pm: Interviews (optional)
Learn More and Register for Focus on Admission
Focus on Admission is open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Registration closes at noon on the Wednesday before the program (see the registration page for dates). A limited number of interview slots will be offered during the program. Students intending to apply to Mount Holyoke have the option to select this when registering, although prospective applicants can also choose to interview later in the fall, in-person or via Skype. We look forward to helping you launch your college search at Mount Holyoke!