Visits suspended until further notice
June 2021 Update: Group visits are suspended until further notice. More information coming soon about group visit options for late summer and fall.
Guidelines & Expectations
Mount Holyoke College is pleased to offer Group Visit experiences throughout the school year and during the summer to schools and organizations. Group Visits are customizable, but generally last 2 hours and include a guided campus tour (1 hour 15 minutes), followed by an information session/Q&A (45 minutes) with an admission staff member and current student. Reservations are required for groups larger than 10. If your group is smaller (5-10 students), we still appreciate advance notice, as we aim to provide small and intimate tour experiences. To schedule a Group Visit, please submit the Group Visit Request Form at least 3 weeks prior to the day you would like to visit.
By requesting a Group Visit, you and your students are agreeing to the following set of guidelines:
In order to make your visit most productive for your students, some advance preparation is strongly encouraged. The following are among the considerations you should keep in mind:
- Group leaders should provide their students with a basic orientation to the college experience before arriving on campus.
- Behavioral expectations should be made clear to students in advance of their visit to campus.
- Clear expectations surrounding the desired outcomes to be gained from a visit should be shared with visiting students.
These are designed to ensure that your visit is meaningful and does not disrupt the flow of campus activity:
- Ensure that students participating in a visit to Mount Holyoke College have genuine interest in learning about the college.
- Please consider providing at least one chaperone per every 10 students.
- Chaperones should be actively engaged in the visit. They should encourage student participation and monitor student behavior.
- Visitors should be respectful of students, faculty, staff, presenters, and the campus community at all times.
- Be on time. A 15 minute grace period will be offered to groups who may be running late for any reason. After this time, we cannot guarantee that a tour guide will be available. If that is the case, we will happily provide you with self-guided tour information.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated, and allows us to continue to offer successful and enjoyable Group Visits.