Dear members of the Mount Holyoke College community,
Now that the semester is underway in our “current normal,” we wanted to write with a few updates and reminders related to working on campus.
Over the course of the summer, we were able to slowly reopen buildings for activities that had been suspended due to COVID-19 but now are able to take place with safety restrictions, such as faculty research, facilities work and now teaching.
Based on the current level of activity, academic and administrative buildings will have a modified cleaning plan.
- For each building that we are aware there will be employees in regularly, accessible bathrooms on one floor will be cleaned on weekdays. All other bathrooms in the building will not be cleaned regularly and will have a “closed” sign placed on them – these bathrooms should not be used. In addition, custodians will clean high touch surfaces like door knobs and elevator controls in these buildings regularly.
- Some buildings are not expected to have employees in them regularly. These buildings will have a sign on the door that says “closed.” High touch surfaces and bathrooms on one floor in these buildings will be cleaned weekly.
- Individual offices and departmental spaces throughout the campus will not be cleaned regularly. Building users should “carry out” their own trash.
- If you find an area in your building that is in need of attention, please contact FM at 538-2012 to report the item and request service.
Reminders for those of you who have received approval to work on campus:
- Be sure to sign, review and adhere to the employee compact and consent to testing.
- Perform your symptom self-check before coming to campus - if you have any of these symptoms or have had a potential exposure, stay home and call your supervisor.
- Masks are required inside buildings unless you are in an individual office with the door closed. Masks are required outside if you are unable to maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- If you have a contractor or other visitor coming to campus, be sure to complete the visitor checklist.
Vice President for Finance and Administration and Treasurer