Prospective Candidate Information
Thank you for your interest in running for an elected position on the Student Government Association or Class Boards. This page has a step by step outline on how to become an official candidate.
- Refer to the official requirements for the position you are interested in being elected (Class Board postitions or SGA Positions)
- Attend an information session held by the ACE Taskforce (See below for Spring 2013 Info Sessions)
* Students currently aboard or unable to attend one of the sessions themselves may select a proxy to attend on their behalf. Attending an information session is required of all official candidates.
- Ask questions! Read the official candidate packet (only given out at information sessions)
- Submit campaign materials by the deadline
- Actively campaign and encourage your peers to vote
- Attend Meet the Candidates Night
Email SGA-All-Campus-Elections-g with any/all of your questions.
Spring 2013 Information Sessions
- All Information Sessions for the Class Board & SGA positions will be held in Blanchard 227:
- Monday, February 25 @ 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 26 @ 6:30
- Wednesday, February 27 @ 12:30 pm
- Thursday February 28 @ 6:30 pm
- Friday, March 1 @ 12:30
- Sunday, March 3 @ 4:00 pm
- Monday, March 4 @ 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 5 @ 12:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 6 @ 6:30 pm
- Thursday, March 7 @ 12:30 pm
- Friday, March 8 @ 6:30 pm
Candidate Application Packets Due Monday, March 11 @ 12 pm (Petitions, personal statements, certification form)
Candidate Campaigning Monday, March 11 – Sunday March31st
Candidate Bulletin Board posted in Blanchard Monday, March 11th
Candidate information posted on Web Monday, March 11th
Meet the Candidates Night Tuesday, March 12 @ 7:30 pm (Blanchard Great Room)
● All Candidates are required to attend, or send a proxy. Additionally, a 2 minute platform video via YouTube may be submitted to be posted on the ACE Website.
Campaigning ends, Receipts & Expense Forms Due (Blanchard 327) Monday April 1st @ 12 pm
Voting Tues March 27th (11:59pm) - Sunday March 31st (11:59pm)
- You will receive a voting link via email on March 27th (from your current class president and the SGA president). Also be sure to keep a lookout for flyers which will have voting info!