Article I of the Student Government Association's Bylaws dictates the composition of the executive board, the qualifications for the positions and descriptions for each. Those positions voted in through an all campus elections are: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Public Relations Officer & Chair of Committees.
All incoming Executive Board members must attend the final meeting of Senate (Tuesday, 7:30-9pm in Blanchard Great Room) with the exception of students studying abroad or in an academic exchange program for the spring semester. New officers will take office following the competition of final exams in the Spring semester. Outgoing officers will be responsible for turning in their final records.
The incoming Executive Board will meet at least once with the SGA Advisor before the last day of classes. In addition, each outgoing officers will meet with their successor before the last day of classes or the spring semester.
The Executive Board shall:
- Fulfill all duties outlined in the Bylaws.
- Act as a liaison between the students and the administration, staff and faculty.
- Facilitate regular meetings of the Senate and execute the policy determined by the Senate.
- Report regularly to the Senate on the Board’s activities.
- Oversee and aid in the effective functioning of all SGA committees and SGA funded organizations.
- Approve, if necessary, funding recommendations made by the Ways and Means Committee.
The SGA constitution provides detailed position descriptions.