The Mount Holyoke College Art Museum aims to spark intellectual curiosity and ignite a lasting passion for learning and creativity through direct engagement with its rich collections of art and material culture.
In support of this vision, MHCAM:
- serves as a nexus for experiential learning across academic disciplines and as a resource for the broader community
- stewards an expanding collection of world art and material culture
- fosters innovative object-based teaching
- provides an environment for academic experimentation and collaboration
- generates interdisciplinary projects/investigations resulting in thought-provoking exhibitions, publications, and programs (display, interpretation, and creative response)