These procedures are taken from the American Association of Poison Control Centers.
- Stay calm.
- Call the Campus Police immediately.
- from campus phone: x5555
- from cell phone: (413) 559-5424
- Mount Holyoke
- from campus phone: x1911
- from cell phone: (413) 538-2304
- from campus phone: x800
- from cell phone: (413) 585-2490
- Try to provide information about what material may have caused the poisoning. Have the container or data sheet available for emergency responders.
- While officers respond quickly on campus, someone in the area can call the poison control center at 1-800-222-1222 for further instructions.
Before dealing with an emergency, you can download the webPOISONCONTROL (r) from the App Store or Google play.