2015-16 CBL Fellowship and Mentorship Positions
Each spring, the Mount Holyoke College Community Based Learning Program accepts applications from interested and qualified students for Community Fellowship positions, CBL Mentors, and various staff/administrative support positions for the next academic year. These positions aim to connect academic learning with social change and support community service as preparation for citizenship by enabling students to work in meaningful roles in the local community. Duties and projects are determined by community agency staff in consultation with the CBL Program, matching student's interests, skills, and experiences to community organization opportunities.
Participating community-based organizations work in the fields of community development, health, education, youth programs, and environmental, social and economic justice education and advocacy (see information about our recent Community Partners). Some Fellows work on special campus-community partnership projects on behalf of the CBL Program and Mount Holyoke College.
CBL staff positions are awarded on a highly selective basis, in consultation between CBL Staff, Mount Holyoke College faculty and staff, and staff from community organizations. The deadline for application submissions is April 25, 2015, with notification of acceptance by late April/early May.
Applicants for CBL Community Fellowships and CBL Mentorships *MUST*:
- Review the eligibility and requirements for CBL staff positions before seeking a position, and
- Meet with Alan Bloomgarden, Angelica Castro or Caitlin Kidder prior to submitting an application.
- Applications from students who have not taken both of the above steps first will not be considered.
Applicants for CBL Staff Positions must complete:
- Application Form (to be completed via JobX). ALL applications require
- Cover Letter (stating your interest in applying for the position)
Note: Applicants are advised to prepare a cover letter and a resume in a separate document in advance, to upload into JobX at the time of application.
Applications for Community Fellows positions additionally require:
- Faculty Reference Form (right-click on this link and send the link to the faculty member you want to submit a reference)
- Community Organization Letter of Support Form (right-click on this link and send the link to the community partner after you have read the important information below.)
Applications for CBL Mentor positions additionally require:
1. Faculty Reference Form (right-click on this link and send the link to the faculty member you want to submit a reference)