Reserving Fleet Vehicles
CBL Student Fellows needing transportation for CBL related Work can reserve a vehicle directly through the Auxiliary Services fleet reservation system, Monday-Friday 8:30 – 4:00 pm, either by calling x 2826 – OR – via the Online Fleet Reservation Form.
- If the student making the reservation is not fleet certified, or will not be driving, they must include a fleet certified driver’s name into the reservation form. If they do not yet have a driver they can still submit the reservation by including the words “CBL DRIVER” in the driver’s name section. This will indicate to the Fleet Reservation Coordinator that the CBL Fellow will be finding a driver for this reservation and will send that information at least 48 hours before picking up the vehicle.
- The Fleet Coordinator will then check the CBL Fellows Fall Roster to make sure that the student requesting a reservation is a current CBL Fellow.
- If the student requesting the reservation is not on the list the fleet coordinator will decline the reservation and let the student know they need to contact the CBL Program for eligibility.
- If the student requesting the reservation IS on the CBL Fellows list and reservation hours are Mon-Friday before 9pm with a location within the Pioneer Valley, the Fleet Coordinator will proceed with the reservation as usual. If the request is outside these hours/location the reservation will be declined and the student will need to contact the CBL office for authorization.
- All reservation confirmations will be sent directly to the student. CBL Fellows are responsible for finding a fleet certified driver for their trips and if need be, canceling their reservation at least 24 hours in advance if their plans change or are not able to secure a driver.
Liability for Fleet Vehicles
The college requires departments to assume responsibility for the $500 insurance deductible in the event a Fleet Services vehicle is damaged during use. The following policies apply to cost-sharing of this deductible, as it applies to use of vehicles damaged during use for community-based learning:
- Course-based CBL: If you are driving yourself and/or fellow students for the purposes of a credit-bearing CBL class at Mount Holyoke, the CBL Program and the academic department hosting the CBL course will share the costs of this deductible 50/50 (e.g. $250 each).
- CBL Fellows and Fellowship Projects: If you are driving yourself and/or fellow students, or if a student is driving a vehicle on behalf of a CBL Fellow’s project, the student driver and the CBL Program will share the costs of this deductible 50/50 (e.g. $250 each). The student has until the close of the academic year to pay off this liability. If you are a fellow and you recruit a student driver to drive the Fleet vehicle, it is your responsibility to ensure your driver understands and accepts this liability.