Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Mount Holyoke College Art Museum
- Spirit Products, Ltd.
- Westat, Inc.
- Goodwin Procter, LLP
- U.S. Department of State
- Various Public/Private Schools
- Library of Congress
- Baker, Newman, Noyes, LLC.
- California Historical Society
Great positions for students with this major:
- Judicial Clerk
- Program Director
- Account Coordinator
- Legal Assistant
- Research Associate
- Travel Industry Associate
- Careers for Classics Majors
The Loyola University page lists job titles, famous classics majors, and online resources.
- Archaeological Institute of America
AIA website includes fellowships, fieldwork opportunities, a job placement service, and a “Checklist of Advice for Job Candidates in Classics.”
- Positions for Classicists and Archaeologists
The Society for Classical Studies provides a job listings website.
- The American Classical League
Check out grants and scholarships, publications, and opportunities in academia.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Maintained by the U.S. Department of Labor, this online database gives a detailed description of various fields/occupations including translators, social scientists, archivists, teachers, and curators.
- Spotlight on Careers
Explore the Museums and Social Sciences Research pages - find career profiles, internship opportunities, and educational resources.
- Vault Online Career Library
Provides specific career summaries and guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing. Occupational surveys from real employees in each industry are also available.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.