Students with this major have completed internships and/or jobs at:
- Smithsonian Museums
- Berkshire Publishing Group
- Center for the Study of AIDS
- Tapestry Health
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Cloisters
- The Boston Conservatory
- Amnesty International USA
- Chez Alpha Books
- Wistariahurst Museum
- Institute for Scientific Analysis
- Various Colleges/Universities
- Various public and private schools
- Merrill Lynch
- Law offices
Great positions for students with this major:
- Research Associate
- Project Coordinator/Manager
- Development Associate
- Legal Assistant
- Community Health Educator
- Financial Analyst
- Education Coordinator/Consultant
- Web Builder/Database Administrator
- Associate Director/Director of a non-profit organization
- American Anthropological Association
The AAA provides career information, job searches, contacts, publications, and an annual meeting.
- The Royal Anthropological Institute
Based in Britain, the RAI offers scholarships, grants, an excellent resource guide, publications, and a film festival.
- National Association for the Practice of Anthropology
NAPA promotes the practice of anthropology and supports students via mentoring programs, job and internship listings, awards, and a searchable member directory.
- Archaeological Institute of America
AIA website includes fellowships, publications, fieldwork opportunities, a job placement service, and information on upcoming meetings and events.
- Anthropology in the News
A comprehensive news source for anyone interested in the latest developments in anthropology and archaeology.
- Vault Online Career Library
Another career resource that provides specific career summaries as well as guidance for internships, interviewing, resume- and cover-letter-writing. Occupational surveys from real employees in each industry are also available.
Career Resource Library:
- View and access 400 print resources through the CDC's online career library.
- To browse the online resources related to your career interests in greater detail, stop by the Career Development Center anytime from 9 am – 5 pm.
- Career Advisors and Peer Career Assistants at the CDC are here to help you find jobs and internships, improve your resume and cover letters, and access online and print resources. Contact the CDC for an appointment.
- Alumnae who studied this major or are working in the industry can provide valuable guidance when considering career options, including internships, jobs, and graduate school. Find alums through the Alumnae Association Member Directory.
- Your professors may be a resource for advice on career questions in their field of expertise.